Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Shoulder Rigs, Dollies, Jibs, etc.
That's pretty cool, and a whole lot less than $15,000. I wonder though how much more it would cost for the components to handle a heavier camera.

I have been considering a DIY similar to the Steady Dragon 3.0 for less than $100. It is the only thing I've seen which has reasonable results for the money, though seems no longer made or for sale. Most DIY stabilizer jobs seem like a waste of time and money. The next tier up starts around $300 then quickly exceeds $500, so this fellow's steady is a fair consideration.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
This is a pretty cool camera crane, especially for those of us who like to travel light, compact, and incognito. Site:

http://www.liteprogear.com/pages/camera-...gQodtVgLNA

One of the promo videos:

That is really awesome! Too bad it cost nearly twice as much as a D7000. Tongue
"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
One would definitely get more out of a D7000 at half the cost of this, than this crane...or a D7000 + other gear for the same price as the crane. But...still tempted by the portability and incognito quality if I wanted to bring a crane somewhere not wanting to be noticed!...and of course the ability to take it on your back to places you might be reluctant to carry a lot of gear to otherwise.
(11-16-2015, 11:04 PM)Art and Structure Wrote: This is a pretty cool camera crane, especially for those of us who like to travel light, compact, and incognito...

Nice toy there, Amigo!
Ultra Crane!

Here's a super crane I don't imagine I will be getting any time soon...nor the Group, since I don't think it would fit in Robin's closet:

$10 DIY Camera slider:

"Our films don't get finished, they just get released."
John Lasseter
Do it.

And with regard to the rag part, judging by the clearance between the PVC "sliders" and the metal rail, you could slip in, and adhere, something nicer than that rag. I'm thinking adhesive velcro strips...the "fuzzy" part, not the "hooks".