Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Where is This?' - Working Title
'Where is This?' is the mysterious working title for one of six short films I have gestating in my head. When an official title is decided, it will be renamed as such. Each of these six films is waiting primarily on a better quality camera, and my writing a script for them.

Basically, the working title is as such because I have a location I absolutely want to shoot...and that's it so far. The location is that compelling. It is a few hours drive and could be a sci-fi or psychological mind film. I would like to keep it to 3-4 actors/crew as I can not fit more in my vehicle Wink and we should be able to get there early, shoot, and return home; a long day, but limited budget filmmaking at it's best. Without spending the night, it should take about a tank of gas. If we had to spend the night though, we could stay at a campground for under $20...which may be a fallback plan if the weather doesn't cooperate. Aside from subject matter, the technical interest/challenge of this film would be an honest-to-goodness location shoot, and a cool one at that.

Aside from a better camera, this film may require special attire, though I like the idea of juxtaposing everyday attire...or perhaps formal attire...against this setting. A steadycam would likely be needed, and possibly additional lighting. Budget may just be a tank of gas ($50) if the above elements aren't needed, plus less than $20 a night + food if we stay the night...oh, food for the day would be figured in at the very least...say, $10 per person.

The location is essentially public and public access, though there is rarely anyone there. However, we may get stopped by authorities cautioning or otherwise discouraging us from being there, at which case I would say we are doing an amateur film project, it won't be past the day, and otherwise plead with them to allow us to proceed. There is possibly a fair amount of graffiti I would want to shoot around, and I need to scout this location once more to see what angles I could shoot from. I will post some example shots from my recent trip to Bodie, California as to how most any location can be shot if one is particularly careful in choosing the camera angle.

Post production is an edit job, with score, and possibly sound effects added in post.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
I'd love to help with all of these when the time comes
Thank you Matt. I will bear you in mind. At the very least, there will be a possibility for anyone to get in front of the camera on my 'Love and a Hard Life' project who wants to. The rest are otherwise limited in scope and I will have a better idea what/who I will need once I've written the screenplays.

Jesse Widener
Keep us posted. I would like to see some screenplays before committing myself.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
I will keep the Group posted. It may be a while before I can work these projects out given everything else I am doing right now, but I am serious about doing them and felt the time was right to tease them out a little. As I wrote in each, each has a different structure/challenge which should make them different from one another and interesting.

Jesse Widener