Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KFMG Fundraising
Now that we are registered with the State Justice Department, we are legally allowed to fundraise. Fundraising needs to be a regular aspect of our yearly activities to help pay for recurring fees such as our legal status filings, internet fees, eventual P.O. Box, expenses (printing fliers, mailings, etc.) and anything else to maintain the Group's operation.

To kick things off, a bowl-a-thon seems to be our most plausibile fundraising idea right now in terms of our ability to pull it off and the likelihood of generating funds. Any and all other fundraising ideas are welcome, but let's stay focused and make it happen.

Jesse Widener
Art and Structure design studio - www.artandstructure.com
Exclamation 
Now that we are at the stage of needing to raise funds, I thought I would make a thread for the purpose of discussing fund raising ideas.

One idea I had was to do some short videos for different local companies for a small fee. This will put some weight on my shoulders as I have the best editing station and camera, but I still think this would be a good way to raise funds. While I do not want to speak for them, Matt has Premier and Kegan has a camera like mine, so, if they are on board, they can help out. I am planning on heading to Astral Games this evening, anyway, to discuss some advertising with the 13th Floor so I could talk to Josh about filming something for his shop. I can also talk to my friend Rebekah about making commercial-like videos for her magazine. That would benefit both our group and her magazine, I feel.

Another idea is to do a film festival, which we are working on finding a venue for. I will talk to Nathan further about using OIT's auditorium as our venue, but he is concerned because we are asking for donations, which may cause some problems. I will keep the group posted on that regard. We have also discussed using the Linkville or the Ross Ragland, so any update on that should be posted here. Hopefully we can make it an annual event and get a hefty sum in from the community.

Cliff had the idea of a Bowl-a-thon, which could be doable, although getting people to donate may be shaky, but it was brought up at the August meeting we could go to coworkers and other companies around town who support the arts and get money from them.

If you have any other ideas, post them here! Now, even if we get seven ideas, as Jesse said, we should only do one at a time so we can focus our efforts on just one and do it the best we can.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
How are we doing on the present fund raiser, the Footloose video? Are you ready for me to purchase DVDs yet and if so what kind?
There will be another play at the Ross Ragland Theater in December. If everyone likes what you guys created this time it we may be able to do this project again next time. It turns out that I know someone at the Linkville Playhouse that's influential. Maybe we can get other projects there too. Those type of projects alone should be sufficient for fundraisers. We can not only learn the craft ourselves, but conceivably use the opportunity as a teaching venue.
We have sold 42 copies of Footloose at $8 per copy, so we are sitting pretty well there. As for the DVDs, I need to get every file together and see how long the show is before I make a commitment to a DVD type. I know I said I would get the show edited by the end of this month, but I have had some difficulty pleasing Final Cut with file types. Jesse and I will work more on this some more this afternoon.

I would be up for filming their December show, provided they want us back and I am not too busy or not in Klamath. I may also be in a Linkville production, so there is that to work out, but we shall see (although I may not because of the next show after Cabaret audition September 24 and 25 so I might be busy with that when the new play comes round). And to segue into Linkville, I think we could film their performances, too, but I want to talk to some Linkville higher-powers first to see what we can do. I like the idea, but I like to discuss in person with the person I need to discuss the items with. I am sure people can understand that.
Ban reason: Continued bashing of others only hinders you. Please just make films! (Permanent)
Posts moved to the pre-existing fundraising thread.

KFMG Admin
Rest assured, the Footloose video is our number 1 priority right now.

As for the DVDs, I will purchase them on behalf of the Group as part of a larger order including the other necessary supplies (cases, labels) to take advantage of free shipping rates.

Jesse Widener
I did not realize there was already a thread about this >.<. And we will get the Footloose DVDs made, but not before the end of August. It will take some time once I get all of the footage. I will keep everyone posted.
I forgot this earlier, Wayne, but we are also pubic benefit, so we need to do things for the Klamath community, such as a film festival and short videos for local companies. Filming Ragland and Linkville productions is good for the group, I will not argue that, but we need to do more for the community to keep in line with our public benefit status.

On that note, I have yet to hear back from Nathan, although that email was about a job, but he will be back next week so I can try emailing him again to discuss a job and also the KFMG film festival. I will keep everyone posted.
If we grow this Group right, acquire equipment and knowledge to share or make accessible to the community, that will go most of the way to our being of public-benefit.

I want to push the bowl-a-thon though, not in lieu of working on the Footloose DVDs, but because at most the Footloose DVDs with be done by Jason and I; there is no need for the rest of the Group to sit on their hands. Whilst Jason and I agonize over the Footloose DVDs, I would like to see the bowl-a-thon get organized as we will probably need income from it to push us over the top on our tax-exempt filing.

Jesse Widener
True, true. We just need to get the word out there, and one way I see that being pushed is doing small films for the community. What you say rings true, and I hope we can get to that point, but we are not quite there, so I feel we need to create buzz in the community somehow.

Ah, yes, good thinking. I am not a good bowler, anyway, so I can concentrate on what I am good at.

Also, I talked a bit with Rebekah yesterday about doing joint advertising, and I hope to get back in touch with her tomorrow when her friends head home about the joint advertising. She seemed to like the idea, so I would like a good asking price for our end of the bargain. What I am thinking is that a fifth of the advert space will be deducted and the KFMG will get $100 for a 30 second clip or $150 for a 60 second clip. These are ambitious prices, so I am willing to go down, but I made $84 when I did this by myself, so I think the price should not drop lower than $75. If these prices seem unfair to enough people, or Rebekah, I will drop them, but I would like to see more than film money-pocket change for our efforts. Once I meet with Rebekah, I will post the gist of our meeting here and let everyone know if we are moving forward with this and, if so, what the group will get out of it.